Farm Bill Education Program
A series of informational notes were prepared by agricultural economists to assist you on the decision making processes with respect to the 2014 Farm Bill. Increase your knowledge of the programs and tools available to you.
Conservation Client Gateway
The USDA/NRCS CGate webpage is new website that provides landowners and producers the alternative to work with NRCS via the Internet as a supplement to in-person support. Save time by completing one or more of these tasks from your house/farm:
- Request technical assistance
- Apply for financial assistance
- Manage your conservation program plans and contracts
- View, sign, and submit documents online
- Track the status of program payments
- Store and retrieve technical and financial files
Get started today by visiting USDA/NRCS CGate webpage.
- Welcome to The 2014 Farm Bill Education Program [Dec 2014]
- It’s Not Too Late to Reallocate Base Acres and Update Yields
- Have You Decided Which Commodity Support Program to Elect
- Price Protection is Available Through PLC
- County Level Revenue Protection is Available Through ARC-CO
- ARC-IC Revenue Protection at Farm Level
- Cotton and Generic Base Acres
- What About Cotton
- Have You Signed Up for Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program
- Signed Up for PLC? You Are Eligible for Supplemental Crop Insurance
- Conservation Compliance
- Disaster Assistance Programs
- Dairy Programs: Are You Part of The Florida Statistic?
- Ready to enroll on the Dairy Margin Protection Program?
- Don't Miss the Deadline to Apply for the Cotton TAP
- Enrollment in Key Farm Bill Safety Net Programs Ends Soon
- August, 2014 – October 7, 2014 Application period for crop year 2014 for the Cotton Transition Assistance Program (CTAP)
- September 29, 2014 – April 7, 2015 Farm base acres reallocation and yield history update.
- October, 2014 – July 31, 2015 Application period for crop year 2015 for the Cotton Transition Assistance Program (CTAP)
- November 17, 2014 – April 7, 2015 Producers can make one-time election between ARC and PLC for 2014-2018 crop years.
- June 1, 2015 - Deadline for producers to certify conservation compliance to be eligible for crop insurance premium support.
- June 17, 2015 – September 30, 2015: Enrolment period for Safety Net Programs (ARC and PLC).
- July 1, 2015 – November 20, 2015: Enrollment period for 2016 Dairy Margin Protection Program.
- July 6, 2015 – September 30, 2015: Enrollment period for Cotton Transition Assistance Program.
- October 2015 – If triggered, payments will be issued for the 2014 crop year.
Two national farm bill decision aids have been developed as a result of two groups being awarded $1.5 million grants to develop the web-based tools.
- National Association of Agricultural and Food Policy (NAAFP)
- by the Agricultural and Food Policy Center (AFPC) at Texas A&M University and the Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at the University of Missouri
- National Coalition for Producer Education (NCPE)
- by the University of Illinois