Qianyan is a Ph.D. student in the Food and Resource Economics Department at the University of Florida. Her research interests focus on environmental and nonmarket valuation, natural resource economics, and behavior economics. Her studies aim to enhance understanding of individual attitudes and preferences for selected attributes of non-market goods, such as environmental resources. Her recent research is about measuring use value and non-use value of water resources in Florida. This research provides critical information for related agencies and is used to develop policies that protect and restore springs around the Suwannee River and Lower Santa Fe River. This study has used surveys, economic experiments, and economic and econometric analyses to assess the effects of different economic models on estimation of consumer surplus and willingness to pay (WTP), and the impacts of various factors on consumer preference. In addition, she works on the methods that aim to solve on-site sampling problems in the recreational demand system and estimate the heterogeneity distribution of WTP value.
“Valuing Recreation Benefits of Natural Springs in Florida” (With X. Bi, K. A. Grogan, and T. Borisova). Preprint is now available at https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/201808.0345/v1
Work in Progress
“Comparisons of different economic methods to address onsite sampling in count data models ” (with X. Bi and C. E. Landry)
“Using a choice experiment to account for preference heterogeneity in springs attributes” (with X. Bi and K. A. Grogan)
- Harold B. Clark Award, Food and Resource Economics Department, 2018-2019
- Allison Family Endowment, Food and Resource Economics Department, 2017-2018
- Outstanding Graduates Awards, MS in Environmental Economics, 2013-2015
- Award for Excellent Academic Performance, BA in Environmental Economics, 2010-2013.
- Teaching Assistant: AEB4342 Agribusiness and Food Marketing Management, University of Florida, Spring 2018, Spring 2017 & Fall 2017
- Teaching Assistant: AEB 4931 Econometrics, University of Florida, Spring 2016 & 2018.
- Guest Lecturer: AEB 4931 Econometrics, University of Florida, Spring 2018.
President of Graduate Student Organization, Food and Resource Economics, University of Florida, 2017-2018.