Skip to main content

    Food and Resource Economics Department

    Food and Resource Economics Department


How to Apply

Eligibility – Students must

  • have an established UF GPA of 2.0 or higher
  • be on-track for your major
  • have 45 hours earned
  • be able to complete the minor in a timely fashion
  • complete a minimum of 6 credits exclusive to the minor (credits that will not count toward major(s) or other minors)

Some minors have additional requirements for approval, (e.g., a higher UF GPA, etc.). Be sure to review the Catalog information for the minor in your Catalog year.

NameTitleLocationPhone #Email
Danielle Shu Academic Advisor  1170 MCCA  352-294-7640

How to Apply

Complete a minor application form. You must obtain a signature from your primary college. If CALS is your major’s college, you would bring the form to the CALS Dean’s Office located in McCarty Hall D room 2020. If you are a CALS Student applying for a minor within CALS, the college will sign BOTH lines 1 and 2.

Once you have obtained all necessary approvals, please submit the form to the Office of the University Registrar located in 222 Criser Hall (2nd Floor).

Please note coursework for minors ARE INCLUDED in excess hours threshold. Please speak with your academic advisor how you may be impacted by adding a minor.

How to Cancel a Minor:

Complete the minor application form. Instead of selecting add, check the Cancelling a minor box on the form. No approvals are needed to cancel a minor, so you would immediately submit the form to the Office of the University Registrar for processing.